All you need is a pizza crust, cheese, potatoes and leeks. This simple white pizza is fixing that winter comfort food craving, puts dinner on the table (or sofa table) under 35 minutes and gives you 2 winter vegetables out of your 5 a day. It’s a great way to use up fresh cheese about to expire like ricotta and burrata and dried grated cheese leftovers.
WHITE PIZZA – simply put there is no tomato sauce in sight. You can replace it with pesto or like me with cheese, I used ricotta cheese than layered the veg and topped with burrata and grated gruyere . Important to season well with salt and pepper for flavour and some thyme.
Gorgeous little made-in-Brussels pea shoots, sooooo FREShhhh and easy to grow inside on the windowsill. www.eclo.be “a new way to leaf”
- use an easy spreadable cheese or pesto as a base.
- slice the potatoes really thin so they cook through, looking for a millimeter.
- cover with foil the 1st 15 min while baking so have the steam cooks the potatoes through if they are thicker sliced or blanch them in boiling water first.
- you can use a little cream to add even more creaminess, depending on what cheese you used.
- add a little fresh grated nutmeg to flavour. For this pizza I would not recommend basil nor oregano but fresh or dried thyme works really we
STEP 1: slice the potatoes real thin and cut the leeks fine.
STEP 2: Layer ricotta cheese on the rolled out pizza Doug. Top with potatoes, leeks and grated cheese and mozzarella or burrata chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
STEP 3: Bake in pre heated oven at 200C for about 30 minutes.
My winter white pizza with leeks and potatoes
Yield 4 portions
- 1 shop bought or home-made pizza dough
- 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
- 4-6 medium size potatoes, peeled and sliced thinly
- 50 g ricotta cheese
- 50 gr grated cheese like parmesan or gruyere
- 1 burrata or mozarella
- handful of pea shoots or fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Roll out the pizza dough and cover with back of a spoon with ricotta cheese.
- Layer potato slices ( blanch if needed), and cut leeks. Top with grated cheese and mozzarella chunks.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in pre heated oven 200C for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Serve with some tossed fresh pea shoots or thyme.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski