Todays is the 4th of July ( damm how did we get to July this fast) If you are celebrating the USA 4th of July or simply crave a h’dog, these hotdogs are totally delish and a little differently topped. I added coriander hummus, tomato relish, fried onions and grated cheddar cheese.
But if you are wondering where the tomato relish is on the pictures, yeah well i forgot to add it , silly me!
TIP: Not a fan of coriander, replace it by flat parsley or replace the hummus by guacamole.
STEP 1: Spread some of the hummus with coriandre ( cilantro) onto the grilled bun.
STEP 2 : add the boiled and grilled hotdog
STEP 3: add the tomato relish ( haha) , the crispy fried onions and coarsely grated some lovely cheddar cheese over it
Ssprinkle a few leaves of coriander and serve.
My tomato relish
Yield 1 jar
- 6 large juicy tomatoes peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 hot pepper, seeded and chopped
- 30 ml white wine vinegar
- 30 gr brown sugar
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a stainless steel pan, bring to a boil and stir well.
- Reduce the heat, and let simmer till it thickens and occasionally stir.
- Leave to cool and serve on hotdogs. Or proceed to store in sterilized pots with lid.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Witten and photographed by Sandra Slawinski without commercial deals, I used my Dille & Kamille tray and bowl