Cherry chicken dinner! Cherries are in season and are just the sweetest and tangy versatile fruit, I love them! Combining fruit in savoury dishes in summer is just soo delightful to me, I constantly search for new inspiration. Chicken lends itself so beautifully for so many different cooking methods, here I marinaded the chicken before oven roasting it. This is by far one of the easiest and quickest one-pan dinners I ever made.
The chicken is soo moist and delicious with the sweet and tanginess of the cherries and the balsamic vinegar, an absolute must-try.
STEP 1: depot the cherries, as you prefer by slicing them in half or using a “depitter”.
STEP 2: Place the chicken thighs in a bowl with chopped shallot, season with salt and pepper and prepare the marinade.
STEP 3: Let the chicken marinade in the fridge at minimum 1 hour to overnight.
STEP 4: Place the chicken in a cast iron pan, pour over the marinade, add the cherries and rosemary. Roast in a pre heated oven at 180C for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on size and cut of the chicken.
My one-pan oven roasted cherry chicken with rosemary
Yield 4 portions
- 4 chicken thighs
- 400 gr cherries
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- for the marinade: 6 tablespoons olive oil, 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 1 tablespoon agave syrup or honey, salt and pepper.
- 5 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- In a jar add the ingredients for the marinade and shake. Taste and adjust if needed.
- In a bowl add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, add the chopped shallot and the marinade. Let sit in the fridge for minimum 1 hour to overnight.
- De-pit the cherries, Remove the chicken thighs from the bowl into a cast iron pan. Add the marinade and the cherries. Add a few rosemary leaves.
- Roast in pre heated oven at 180C for 20 to 30 minutes depending the size and cut of the chicken.
- Serve immediately with some more fresh rosemary sprinkled on top.
by Sandra Slawinski on www.leeksandhighheels.com
Written and photographed by Sandra Slawinski without commercial deals. Used my Le Creuset pan, cherry depitter & washcloth from Dille & Kamille.