What is more glorious than a sunny and delish breakfast with only 3 ingredients!
Thats’ right only 3 ingredients : romanesco cauliflower , eggs and seasoning. Simple and yet sooo fulfilling.
Sometimes it doe snot need to be complicated or multi layered, sometimes all it takes are 2 ingredients and some good seasoning. Here the egg yolk is the sauce that brings this simple yet wholesome dish together.
Not in the mood for fried eggs, any eggs will work, try poached eggs or scrambled.
My romanesco topped with fried egg and smoked paprika
Yield 3 portions
- 1 romanesco cauliflower, remove outer leaves
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground smoked paprika
- salt and pepper
- Slice the romanseco into 2 - 3 cm thick slices from core to tip. Lay them flat on a oven tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over the romanesco and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes in pre-heated oven at 180C.
- Add some olive oil to a non-stick pan and crack the eggs ( I did one at time), I used a cut out ring to create the beautiful circular fried eggs, fry the eggs and remove from heat.
- Assemble the romanesco slices topped with eh fried egg and dust with smoked paprika and season with salt the yoke. Serve immediately.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Written and photographed by Sandra Slawinski without commercial deals. I used my plate from ZaraHome,