Mushrooms are bang in season now and although I didn’t pick them myself, all markets have plenty to offer.
To me these forest mushrooms symbolise Autumn and with the weather being meh lately, I craved a pie. Busy at work it needed to go fast so I used shop-bought puff pastry and in no time pie aromas were enveloping my kitchen.
My forest mushrooms and chicken pie
Yield 4 portions
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs, boneless
- 200 ml milk
- 350 gr mushrooms, assortment brushed clean
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 30 cl white wine
- 100 ml cream or milk
- 1 shallot, diced
- fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 shop-bought puff pastry
- 1 egg
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter, add the chicken thighs, season with salt and pepper and brown on all sides. add the shallot, thyme leaves and the mushrooms ,
- Sprinkle the flower over and add the cream and white Wie, let warm up while stirring on low heat.
- Add the chicken and mushroom filling to the oven dish and top with the puff pastry, making a small whole in the middle for the steam to escape. Brush the pastry with beaten egg and cook in pre heated oven at 180C fro 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Written and photographed by Sandra Slawinski without commercial deals. I used my serving bowl and plates from Villeroy Boch and spoon Dille & Kamille.