Here are 6 simple swaps you can make in your kitchen that will reduce your waste footprint and not cost more money nor time.
1. Replace a traditional sponge or scrub pad by a coconut one which is compostable.
2. Instead of foil and plastic wrap, use re-usable food covers and containers.
3. Forgo single-use produce bags at the store or market.
4. Use re-usable bottles and cups to drink-on-the-go.
5. Stainless steel utensils like straws are an easy replacement of the plastic versions .
6. Reuse jars for shopping in bulk, storing in the pantry or decorating with fresh flowers.
Created, written and photographed by Sandra Slawinski without commercial agreements. I used my own kitchen items.