Whether you celebrate Valentines Day with your partner, Galentines Day with your BFF, or not at all; my bite size veggie tacos are the easiest to prepare and the tastiest to eat.
I used shop-bought tortillas I cut in bites sizes circles of 9 cm, you can of course make them yourself; up to you.
Get all your ingredients lined up than assembly is child-play and dinner not far away.
Make it festive with a margarita or bubbles, why not?
TIPS & SWAPS for my veggie tacos:
Sour cream is a must, I used it plain but you can use a lovely herb sour cream dressing as well.
I used red kidney beans but white beans would work too.
Swap the radicchio for regular lettuce or spinach leaves.
Instead of spring onions, use chopped fresh coriander or flat parsley.
I used cheddar cheese, any strong flavoured grated hard cheese will do.
Make your own tacos discs, buy them from the shop, use soft tortillas like me or hard tacos shells, it all works.
My bit size veggie tacos
Yield 12 mini tacos
- 12 small tortilla disc of 9 cm, or tacos shells
- 50 gr kidney beans, cooked
- 1/4 radicchio lettuce, chopped
- 80 gr cheddar, grated
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- salt and pepper
- Add a dollop of sour cream to the tortilla, season with salt and pepper.
- Top with spoon of kidney beans, add some radicchio and cheddar cheese.
- Fold and place in oven dish and repeat.
- In pre-heated oven at 180 C, let the cheese melt and tortillas crisp up for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Plate up and scatter the green onions over the tacos, a little more cheese and serve with lime wedge.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Written and photographed by Sandra Slawinski without commercial agreements. I used bowls and plates my mama made herself for me. Aren’t they gorgeous !