My roasted pineapple with pomegranate molasses and spice glaze
Yield 4 portions
- 1 pineapple
- 100 gr cranberries ( can be frozen)
- 50 ml pomegranate molasses
- 1 tea spoon of nutmeg
- 2 tea spoon of coriander seeds
- 1 tea spoon of ground ginger
- 4 cloves
- 4 cardamon pods, cracked
- 1 star anis or 1 tea spoon of fennel seeds
- Remove the peel from the pineapple and place vertically in a baking dish or cast iron pan.
- In a bowl add the spices and the pomegranate molasses, mix to combine.
- Pour the glaze over the pineapple.
- Add the cranberries at the base of the pineapple.
- Roast in pre-heated oven at 180 C for 25 to 40 minutes depending on size of the pineapple. And baste the pineapple every 10 minutes.
- Strain the glaze and serve a slice of warm roasted pineapple with some roasted cranberries and some of the glaze.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/winter/my-roasted-pineapple-with-pomegranate-molasses-and-spices-glaze/