My poached salmon with capers and fennel
Yield 4 portions
- deboned salmon filet with skin about 800 gr ( 200 gr per person)
- 200 ml white wine
- 200 ml water
- 2 tablespoons juniper or bay berries
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 1 fennel
- salt and pepper
- splash of olive oil
- 1 lemon or preserved lemons ( see recipe on the blog)
- In a deep tray or pan place the fish skin down, season with salt and pepper. Add the water, wine and berries till fish is just about covered.
- Cook on the stove top over high to medium heat for about 8 minutes. Check if salmon is cooked through by sticking a metal skewer in the middle. Let the fish rest in the liquid for a few minutes, than remove.
- Shave the fennel paper thin with a mandolin and toss in the cooking liquid and layer on a serving plate, add a splash of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Top with cooked salmon. Sprinkle the capers over the salon and add the fennel shoots .
- If you have fresh lemons, serve with lemon slices. If you ve made preserved lemons (recipe on the blog). Rinse the lemons thoroughly to remove the salt. Blitz in a blender the rinsed lemon with some olive oil and fennel shoots. Serve with the poached salmon.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/winter/my-poached-salmon-with-capers-and-fennel/