My perfect venison with celeriac pappardelle with kale
Yield 4 portions
- 600 gr venison ( about 150 to 200 gr per person)
- 1 celeriac
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 50 gr butter
- 3 kale stalks
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- Remove the venison from the fridge, leave out on the counter to get to room temperature.
- Clean the celeriac with a brush to remove all dirt and cut away roots if needed. In a bowl add water and lemon juice. Use a mandolin to slice thinly into pappardelle. Add the celeriac to the lemon water to avoid turning brown. Cut the kale leaves from the stem.
- Bring a large pot with salted water to boil and blanch the celeriac for a few minutes and then add to ice water. Same for the kale. Reserve.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, when getting brown and nutty add the venison filets. Cook on each side for 5 minutes. With a spoon base the butter over the venison filets on both sides. Remove from pan and leave to rest.
- In a sauté pan, add olive oil, on medium heat add the blanched celeriac and kale, season with salt and pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
- To plate up, add a little mount of celeriac and kale, top with venison. You can serve this with a mushrooms cream sauce or a simple red wine gravy.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/winter/my-perfect-venison-with-celeriac-pappardelle-and-kale/