My kale and pomegranate winter salad
- 1 kale
- 1 white cabbage
- 2 Brussels sprouts
- 2 large carrots
- 200 ml pomegranate juice
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 table spoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 table spoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Tear the kale leaves from the stalks. Slice the cabbage leaves in to 1 cm wide ribbons and peel the leaves from the Brussels sprouts. Use a little olive to massage the leaves for a minute. Toss them in a bowl.
- Peel the carrots and use the peeler or mandolin to slice thin ribbons lengthwise. Toss them in the bowl
- Make the vinaigrette, add to a glass jar: the pomegranate juice, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon juice and season to taste. Add more juice or mustard to balance the flavour.
- Toast the chopped nuts a few minutes in a pan and toss in the bowl. Mix with your hands and drizzle over the vinaigrette before serving.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/winter/my-kale-and-pomegranate-winter-salad/