My apple crêpes
Yield 4 crêpes
- 250 gr flour, sifted
- 50 cl milk, room temperature
- 25 gr butter, soften and cooled
- 2 eggs and 2 yolks
- 40 gr sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2 apples, cored, peeled, sliced
- In a bowl add the flour and pinch of salt. Make a well in the middle and add the eggs and yolks.
- Use a whisk to stir while pouring slowly the milk.Pour in the cooled butter, and stir till combined and a fluid batter.
- Reserve in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat the non-stick pan, brush with some butter, place the slices of apple in the pan. Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes then flip them over gently.
- Cook for 2 minutes till they soften. Sprinkle over 1/4 of the sugar, let the sugar melt and caramelise, keep a close eye on it to not burn it.
- Once the sugar is melted, and has a golden caramel colour, pour over the batter to cover the apples and the pan. Let cook for a few minutes and check the colour.
- Turn the crêpe over gently ( I don't flip this one), and cook for a few minutes.
- ( You can flambé it now) Serve with butter and sugar.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/winter/my-celebratory-apple-crepes/