My Epiphany galette
Yield 6 portions
- puff pastry ( shop bought), 2 discs of 24 cm diameter each
- 100 gr ground almonds
- 75 gr caster sugar
- 50 gr butter, unsalted, softened
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk for the glaze
- Toast the ground almonds in a. non-stick pan till golden and let cool.
- Add to a bowl the sugar and egg and mix to combine and get pale. Add the ground almonds, mix to combine and add butter, mix to combine. Add pinch of salt and mix till nicely homogenous.
- Layer a disc of puff pastry on a lined baking sheet , spread the almond mixture evenly up to 2 cm from the edge of the pastry.
- Add the bean somewhere in near the middle. Glaze the edge of the pastry with yolk.
- Top with the second puff pastry disc and crimp the edges together.
- Score the top layer with the back of a knife and glaze with the egg yolk. Prick a form in the middle to have small air wholes.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 200 C for 25 minutes. Remove and let cool before serving.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/winter/celebrating-epiphany-with-almond-galette/