My pea and mint hummus with seasonal veg
Yield 4 portions
- 200 gr peas fresh or frozen
- 240 gr chickpeas ( 1 can with the liquid)
- 1 table spoon tahini
- 4 large mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- flatbread (store bought or home made)
- Shell the fresh peas, reserve a few to eat fresh, and blanch them for 3 minutes in a large pot of boiling water with a good amount of salt and reserve. (for the frozen, follow packet instructions)
- Add to a food processor: the chickpeas, the 1/2 of the chickpea liquid, peas, tahini, olive oil and 2 mint leaves and blitz. Taste and adjust the flavour with more mint, more tahini or more salt as you prefer. Adjust the constancy by adding more chickpeas liquid or olive oil.
- Slice the fresh shallots and grill over high heat till soft and sweet. Grill the flat bread.
- Wash the radishes and cut away the green. Freeze the greens to reserve for making soup.
- To serve, add hummus to a lovely bowl, place a few shallots, radishes and reserved fresh peas. Serve with grilled flatbread.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/summer/my-pea-hummus-andmint-and-seasonal-vegetables/