Moroccan spice lamb burgers with feta and harissa
Yield 3 burgers
- 200 gr lamb filet, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon raz-el-hanout
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely
- frying oil
- salt and pepper
- handful spinach leaves, washed
- 20 gr feta
- 3 tablespoons harissa, home made or shop bought
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 dates
- 5 mint leaves for the harissa, 3 mint leaves chopped for the burgers
- 3 pitta breads
- Mix the minced lamb with the raw-el-hanout and cumin, add the breadcrumbs, onion and season with salt and pepper. Make the little patties, 9 in total.
- Grill or shallow fry the burgers. Remove from oil and reserve. Blend the harissa sauce with the mint leaves, lemon zest and dates in blender.
- Cut the pitta bread in half and heat up in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Compose each burger: add harissa sauce, 3 mini burgers, spinach leaves, chopped mint, some red onion and feta. Prick the bread shut with a toothpick. Repeat twice .
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/summer/my-moroccan-spiced-lamb-burgers-with-feta/