My hibiscus and watermelon margarita
Yield 4 cocktails
- 200 ml tequila
- 100 ml triple sec
- 600 watermelon juice ( i used fresh watermelon i blitz)
- 100 ml lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dried hibiscus flowers or hibiscus tea
- agave or simple syrup - optional
- Add the dried hibiscus flowers or tea in a strainer to the tequila a few hours (or days) to steep and sieve.
- Cut up the melon and blitz it and sieve the juice to remove the pits.
- Add the juice to a measuring jug, and add the flavoured tequila, triple sec and lime juice. This makes 1 litre of liquid. Taste it and added some agave to sweeten if preferred.
- Either use a strong blender with ice to obtain a frozen margarita, or freeze overnight in the freezer and remove about 1 hour before serving. Or serve over ice for the non-frozen version.
- Prepare the glasses: place salt in a small dish, use a lime wedge around the rim of the glass and dip the rim in the salt.
- Add the frozen (semi runny) margarita and serve.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/summer/my-hibiscus-and-watermelon-frozen-margarita/