My grilled halloumi, cucumber and oven sun dried tomatoes sandwich
Yield 2 sandwich
- cherry tomatoes, to fill a jar use about 300 gr
- 2 slices of bread, I used sourdough whole wheat
- 3 table spoons olive oil
- 1 pack halloumi cheese (200 gr)
- 1 cucumber
- herbs from the garden: thyme, chives, parsley, mint
- edible flowers form the garden: marigolds and violets
- Slice the washed tomatoes in 1/2 and lay on baking tray lined with parchment paper. Season with salt and roast in pre heated oven at 120C degrees for about 2.5 hrs. No need to flip nor rotate them, just keep an eye. After 2.5hrs, season with fresh or died herbs of your choice like thyme, basil, rosemary. Roast for another 30 minutes, let cool on tray.
- To preserve the tomatoes, add them to a cleaned jar with silicon ring and clasp ( see photos). Fill with olive oil , and season per your choice with garlic, baie leave or juniper berries. Seal and store in a cool and dark place up to 2 months.
- For the sandwich: brush the bread with olive oil and grill the in till crispy. Grill the halloumi till soft. Rinse and chop the herbs. Slice the cucumber thinly. To assemble: top the bread with halloumi, cucumber, sun dried tomatoes, herbs and flowers. Drizzle some olive oil over.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/summer/my-grilled-halloumi-cucumber-and-oven-sun-dried-tomato-sandwich/