My courgette fritters with za'atar dip
Yield 8 fritters
- 3 medium size courgettes
- 60 gr flour
- 40 parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 50 ml sour cream or creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoon za'atar spice blend
- 1 tablespoon gold and black sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- Use a grater to shred the courgettes. Squeeze out the moisture and spread on a kitchen towel and salt. Leave for 20 minutes to render the water. Pat dry and add to a bowl.
- Crack the egg in a small bowl and beat loose with a fork. To the bowl with the courgette, add the flour, cheese and beaten egg. Mix with spatula to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in the skillet and use a metal spoon to ladle individual size batter scoops in the oil. Flatten the fritters and fry on each side for a few minutes till golden. Remove and drain on kitchen towel, serve immediately with the dip.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/summer/my-courgette-fritters-with-zaatar-cream-dip/