My peach Melba trifle
Yield 6 portions
- 6 peaches
- 160 gr frozen raspberries
- 400 ml champagne
- 200 ml cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon powder (confection) sugar
- 200 gr cake, regular loaf home made or shop bought
- 30 small lady fingers, I used shop bought traditionally served with champagne
- Slice the peaches and submerge in champagne and let steep for minimum of 1 hour.
- Slice and dice the cake in cubes about 2 cm.
- Let the raspberries defrost and blizt them till smooth.
- Whip the cream with the powder sugar till still.
- Start the assemble: place a layer of cake cubes in the bottom of the vasque. Spoon over some of the infused champagne, add a layer of raspberry coulis. Layer infused slices of peaches next. Add a layer of ladyfingers next. Top with some whipped cream.
- And repeat now the layers. You can either top the whipped cream layer or just decorate. I topped mine with more cake, ladyfingers, raspberry coulis, and peaches.
- Chill and serve with some coulis.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/summer/my-champagne-soaked-peach-melba-trifle/