My version of a Caesar Salad
Yield 4 portions
- 1 romain lettuce, chopped coarsely
- leftover focaccia bread, chopped in chunks about 2 cm
- Gruyere cheese shavings
- 50 ml sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish paste
- 1 tea spoon spicy mustard
- 3 - 4 anchovies
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- Mash the anchovies, horseradish paste, mustard, salt and olive oil in a mortar and pestle, then add the sour cream and lemon juice. Taste to check the seasoning and adjust with what is needed.
- Toss the romain lettuce, focaccia and cheese savings and serve with a generous helping of the dressing.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-version-of-a-caesar-salad/