My strawberry, pistachio rose water clafoutis
Yield 1 pie
- 300 gr strawberries
- 250 gr milk
- 100 gr all purpose flour
- 2 table spoons sugar
- 3 eggs
- rose water
- handful of pistachios, chopped
- Clean and cut the strawberries in half, lay them flat on the bottom of a cake dish, if you are using a tin dish, butter it first. I used my Le Creuset ceramic pie dish of 24 cm.
- Sprinkle over chopped pistachios and spritz rose water over the strawberries.
- Add the sugar and eggs to a bowl and whisk until frothy and mixture has become light pale in colour.
- Add the flour and with a spatula mix to combine, add the milk and whisk to combine.
- Pour the mixture in the baking dish over strawberries.
- Add more strawberries so some pop out a little from the batter. Sprinkle chopped pistachios along the edge of the tart.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in pre heated oven at 180 C. Cover with foil for first 15 minutes if your oven tends to burn the edges of your cakes (mine does).
- Serve lukewarm with some cream or yogurt.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-strawberry-rose-water-and-pistachio-clafoutis/