My spring vegetable tart loaded with burrata and flowers
Yield 4 portions
- 1 shortcrust pastry shop bought or homemade
- handfull leftover spring veg white and green asparagus and spring onions, peeled and chopped
- 500 ml milk
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 table spoon flour
- 2 table spoon olive oil
- 1 tea spoon grated nutmeg
- salt and peper
- 1 burrata
- 4-5 voilets and nasturtiums
- Bling bake the shortcrust pastry in the tin with baking beads on parchment paper for 15 minutes in preheated oven at 180C.
- Blanch the vegetables in hot water for a few seconds, remove and pat dry.
- Simmer the milk with thyme for about 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in to and add the flour. Continuously stir and cook out the flour for about 2 minutes.
- Add a little of the infused milk and stir until absorbed. Add some more and again stir till absorbed. Add the last of the milk and keep stirring till the mixture thickens and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Layer the béchamel on the cooked tart shell, add the blanched vegetables, keep a few asparagus tops out of the tin ( they will crisp up nicely)
- Bake covered with foil for 20 minutes in preheated oven at 180C, remove foil and bake a further 20 minutes till cooked and bubbly.
- Serve topped with burrata and fresh edible flowers. Can be reheated in the oven when spring later.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-spring-vegetable-tart-loaded-with-burrata-and-flowers-copy/