My filo pastry pizza with white asparagus, ricotta and flowers
Yield 4 portions
- 5 to 6 layers of filo pastry
- olive oil and a good brush
- 30 gr ricotta cream
- about 10 white asparagus
- 3-4 baby fennels
- edible flowers : violets, nasturtiums, marigolds
- salt and pepper
- Boil in salted water and cook the peeled white asparagus until they are soft yet retain a bite, about 10 - 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Lay out the 1st layer of filo pastry on a baking tray lined with baking paper, brush with some olive oil the filo layer, add second layer of filo pastry, repeat brush and layer till all 5 layers are brushed and stacked. Add the ricotta cream evenly over the top layer. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Cut the baby fennels in half. Top the filo with the cooked and cooled white asparagus, add the baby fennel in between.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes in a pre-heated oven at 180C, remove from oven and top with edible flowers and serve immediately.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-spring-floral-lunch-in-the-garden-serving-white-asparagus/