My kohlrabi rösti, tossed greens and poached egg
Yield 1 portion
- 1 cup of coarsely grated kohlrabi
- 1 cup of coarsely grated potatoes
- 1/2 cup of coarsely grated onion
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mixture of green leaves or salad, washed
- 1 egg, poached
- homemade vinaigrette: finely chopped shallots, finely chopped greens, teaspoon of mustard, splash of olive oil, a tea spoon of vinegar, a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup, salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, heat up some olive oil, when hot add the mixed grated vegetables and flatten down. Season with salt and pepper. Fry on each side over medium hot heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Make the vinaigrette: add to a bowl finely chopped shallots, chopped greens, teaspoon of mustard, splash of olive oil, a tea spoon of vinegar, a teaspoon of honey or agave syrup, salt and pepper and mix with a fork. Taste and adjust the seasoning, I like a little extra vinegar in mine.
- Place the greens on top of the rosti, add the poached egg, serve with the vinaigrette.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-kohlrabi-rosti-with-tossed-greens-and-poached-egg/