My carrot and spice muffins with cream cheese frosting
Yield 12 cupcakes
- 400 gr dark brown sugar
- 200 gr coconut oil ( melted) or vegetable oil - or half-half
- 3 eggs
- 300 gr flour
- 300 gr grated carrots
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- spices: a teaspoon of each - cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, cardamom and vanilla
for the cream cheese and decoration:
- 200 gr cream cheese
- 100 gr cream or sour cream or yogurt
- 30 gr icing cugar
- 1 carrots, cut in thin slices lengthwise
- Add in a bowl the sugar, oil and eggs and mix to combine.
- Add to a different bowl the flour, baking powder and soda, salt and all the spices.
- Add to the dry ingredients the wet ingredients and fold it in till well combined.
- Add the carrots ( nuts if you like) and fold to combine.
- Fill up the muffing tins, and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest and cool down completely.
- Add the cream to the cream cheese and with handheld or stand mixer, mix till smooth.While whipping, gradually add the icing sugar. Place in fridge till muffins are totally cooled down.
- To finish: use a piping bag to decorate the muffins with the cream cheese frosting and roll up the slices of carrots, and nestle them in the cream cheese.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-carrot-and-spice-muffins-with-cream-cheese-frosting/