My baby beetroot risotto with feta and sage
Yield 4 portions
- 2 celery stalk, chopped coarsely
- 1 smallonioon, chopped coarsely
- 1 l water
- 3 - 5 little beetroots
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small shallot diced
- 150 gr arborio rice
- fresh sage
- 60 gr feta cheese
- salt and peper
- Wash ( peel; if needed) the baby beetroot. Cut in half.
- Make the stock: add to the water, the celery, onion, thyme and season with salt. Bring to a boil and add the beetroot. Boil for 10 minutes, remove beetroot when cooked and grate when slightly cooled down.
- Keep the stock, now coloured red, at a low simmer.
- Take a saucepan, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and shallots and let them sweet not colour. Add the rice. Stir so the rice has absorbed the oil. Add a ladle of the stock. On medium heat let the stock be absorbed by the rice, add another ladle of stock, and repeat till the rice is cooked, about 20 minutes. Don't take your eye of the pan, stir if needed.
- When risotto is cooked, add the shredded beetroot and mix to combine. Check the taste for seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Fry sage leaves in 1 tablespoon of olive oil till crispy.
- To serve, top the beetroot risotto with feta and sage leaves. Is perfect with lamb kofta kebabs or just veggie on its own.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-baby-beetroot-risotto-with-feta-and-sage/