My almond and maple cake with strawberries and mascarpone cream
Yield 6 portions
- 230gr almond powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 150 ml maple syrup
- 70 ml olive oil
- 150 ml cream, whipped
- 250 ml mascarpone
- 1 teaspoon honey
- strawberries, rinsed, some sliced
- Add the dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Whisk the 3 eggs with hand-mixer till pale. Add the maple syrup and olive oil. Mix with a spatula till homogenous.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix well with a spatula.
- Grease 2 tins 16cm/4cm, line with baking parchment or dust with flour. Divide the mixture equally to both tins. Tap them on the counter top to remove possible air bubbles. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 25-35 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from their tins and let cool on a wire rack.
- For the cream: with a spatula mix the mascarpone cheese to loosen it, fold with a spatula in the whipped cream and add the honey.
- When cake has cooled down. Top the 1st cake layer half of the mascarpone cream, top with strawberry slices. Carefully add the 2nd layer of cake, top with rest of the mascarpone cream and top with whole, halved and quarter strawberries. You can add a dusting of powder sugar if you like.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/my-almond-and-maple-cake-with-strawberries-and-mascarpone-cream/