Yield 3 portions
- 250 gr strawberries, washed and crown removed
- 60 gr sugar
- 250 ml cream, whipped in peaks
- 2 egg whites, whipped in peaks
- 4 gelatin leaves ( about 8gr)
- 10 cl lemon juice
- to decorate: strawberries, meringue, berry coulis, white chocolate shavings
- Blitz the strawberries and sugar in a food processor. Just a few pulses, if you are looking for still some strawberry bites, or pulse longer if you wish a smooth mousse.
- Soak the gelatin leaves into water for 5 minutes. Heat the lemon juice in the microwave till lukewarm and squeeze the water form the gelatin leaves and add to lemon juice, let dissolve.
- Add the lemon juice with gelatin into the strawberry mash, with a spatula add the cream and than the egg whites, mix well but keep the air in by uses movements of 8.
- You can use a piping bag or just laddle to add the mousse tot he receipt of your choice and let set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- When set remove from fridge, add toppings and serve. If you use the stainless steel rings like I did, cut with a knife along the edges to unmold them and add toppings.
recipe on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/in-homage-of-my-dad-a-strawberry-bavarois/