My Easter lamb with rhubarb compote and gravy
Yield 2 portions
- 1 rack of lamb, marinated and well seasoned with salt and pepper
- 3 rhubarb stems
- 500 ml beef or chicken stock
- 1 table spoon flour
- 1 table spoon butter
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 bustle rosemary
- To a frying pan add the butter and olive oil and the rosemary, when sizzling add the seasoned lamb rack and sear brown on all sides. Place in pre heated oven at 180C for about 15 minutes.
- Cut the green toxic leaves from the rhubarb stems and compost. wash the stems, peel if coarse skin and cut in 2 cm chunks. Add the chunks with a splash of water and the sugar to a saucepan and cook till soft.
- Remove the lamb from the oven and the pan, let rest under some foil for 6 minutes.
- Discard 2/3 of the grease in the pan ( and the burned rosemary), add back onto the heat and add 100 ml of the beef or chicken stock. Scrap with a sauce whisk the bottom of the pan to release all that flavour. Sieve the flour in the pan, and stir to cook out the flour. Add a little bit of stock at the time while stirring until all the stock is in the pan and the sauce has thickened. Cook for a few more minutes.
- Serve the lamb, rhubarb compote with eh gravy. It tastes great with boiled potatoes.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/easter-lamb-with-rhubarb-compote-and-gravy/