Yield 12 scones
- 350 gr self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 85 gr butter, cut in cubes
- 3 table spoon sugar
- 175 ml lukewarm milk
- 1 beaten egg to glaze
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to a bowl and mix.
- Add the butter cubes and rub in the butter in the flour with your fingers.
- Add the sugar and mix.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and add the lukewarm ( not hot) milk. Start combining it with a fork. The dough will be pretty wet.
- Dust some flour over the counter top and tip out the wet dough.
- Dust your hands with flour and fold the dough about 2 - 3 times and flatten it with rolling pin if needed to about 3 to 4 cm thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter to shape the scones. I made mini ones. Place them on baking sheet.Glaze the top with the egg wash.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a pre heated oven at 220 C.
- Serve warm with jam and clotted cream.
on www.leeksandhihgheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/celebrating-mothersday-with-scones-and-tea/