Meatloaf with leeks with mustard vinaigrette
Yield 4 portions
- 500 gr minced meat
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stem removed, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary , stem removed, finely chopped
- 1 table spoon butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoon mustard
- 50 gr breadcrumbs
- 2 leeks, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard
- flat parsley, chopped
- pepper and salt
- Remove meat from the fridge, add to a bowl. Reserve.
- In ( oven proof) frying pan, melt the butter and add the shallots, thyme and rosemary. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes, don't let the shallop colour. Add to the bowl with meat.
- Add to the bowl with minced meat and shallot/herb mixture, 1 egg, 2 table spoons of mustard, and the breadcrumbs. Mix with a wooden spoon ( or your hands) till combined. If the mixture is to sticky and you are not able to roll a little meatball than add some more breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shape the meat into a loaf and place in the same frying pan. Add some butter if needed, let the meat create a crust, about 3 to 4 minutes and then turn it over. If the butter is about to darker or burn, add little more.
- In pre heated oven at 180C, cook the meatloaf about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Steam the chopped leeks in a steamer. Remove and reserve.
- In a small jar or bowl add olive oil, vinegar, mustard, chopped parsley, salt and pepper and shake to combine. If to sharp add a little agave or honey.
- Remove meatloaf from oven and tip out the butter from the pan. Let cool a little before slicing. To serve: add the lukewarm /chilled leeks and meatloaf to a serving plate, sprinkle some chopped parsley over and serve the vinaigrette separate.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/belgian-classics-15-meatloaf-with-leeks-and-mustard-vinaigrette/