- 500gr fresh strawberries makes 1 jar of 350 ml
- 1 lemon, juice
- per 100 gr strawberries, 70 gr extra fine caster sugar
- Rinse the strawberries and remove the head, cut in half if the berries are large than 2 cm. Weight the fruit. Calculate the sugar you will need and weigh it. (example: 500gr fruit is 70gr X 5 in sugar)
- Bring fruit and sugar to boiling point, add lemon juice, stir continuously with wooden spoon as not to burn the jam. Use a thermometer to ensure you reached boiling point of 100 degrees C and boil for further 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use ladle to transfer to the jar(s), close the lid and let cool down before either serving or storing.
recipe on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/spring/3-easy-steps-to-make-the-best-strawberry-jam-ever-copy/