Belgian Classics (17): eel in green sauce
Yield 4 portions
- 400 gr fresh eel, skinned and filets, cut in chunks of 10 cm
- 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 wedge to serve
- 2 small shallot, diced finely
- 50 cl white wine
- 1 table spoons butter, unsalted
- salt and pepper
- 100 gr of each of the green herbs: tarragon, parsley, sorrel, chervil,washed, coarsely chopped.
- 100 gr young spinach leaves, washed
- 100 gr watercress, washed
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan, sweat the shallots for a few minutes.
- Add the eel, white wine, season with salt and peper and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the eel and reserve. Add the spinach and watercress. Add the chopped herbs. Sauté for 5 minutes. Check seasoning,, add the lemon juice. Add the eel and serve with a lemon wedge and bread.
by Sandra Slawinski on www.leeksandhighheels.com
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/belgian-classics/belgian-classics-17-eel-in-green-sauce/