Stuffed butternut with autumn spice lentils and feta
Yield 2 persons
- 1 butternut, halved and seeds removed
- 150 gr orange lentils
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 80 gr feta cheese
- 2 tablespoon ground dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground dried curcuma
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- handful walnuts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Lay the 2 butternut halves on baking tray and splash some olive oil over them, season with salt and pepper and bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for about an hour till they are nice and soft.
- Cook the lentils as per packet instructions in the vegetable stock and drain. Add the ginger and curcuma, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove butternut from oven and place on a plate, spoon on the lentils, add the walnuts and crumble over the feta, sprinkle over the thyme leaves and serve.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/autumn/my-stuffed-autumn-spice-butternut-squash-copy/