My pumpkin, lentils and cod one pan dinner
Yield 4 portions
- 400 gr pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and diced in cubes about 2 cm
- 400 ml fish stock ( replace by vegetable or chicken stock for alternatives)
- 100 ml white wine
- 150 gr orange lentils
- 170 gr per person Cod, deboned and skin removed
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter, oilier oil or fat equivalent
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- garnish option: is slice of lemon and roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a large pan add the butter, add the onion and sweat it for a few minutes, add the pumpkin and thyme. Sauté for a few minutes on medium heat while stirring.
- Add the stock and white wine and close the pan with the lid, reduce the heat to simmering and let simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, till the pumpkin is soft.
- Add the fish, cover again and let simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, remove the lid and cook for another 5 minutes to reduce some of the liquid.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/recipes/autumn/my-pumpkin-orange-lentils-and-steamed-cod-one-pan-dinner/