My tempura of courgette blossoms
- 4 courgette blossoms
- 4 baby courgettes
- 100 gr flour
- 100 ml iced water or sparkling water
- pinch of salt
- Gentle open the flower and remove the stamens or pistils and discard. Rinse delicately with water and check for dirt or bugs.
- in small bowl mix half of the flour with a little splash of water, mix with the chop sticks. Just add a little bit of water and mix, the consistency you are looking for is a thick sauce versus a runny liquid.
- Heat the peanut or vegetable oil. Dip the flowers into the batter and deep fry. I also pour a little of batter on top of the flower when dipped in the oil. Turn with chop sticks and cook for a few seconds.
- Remove from oil and let drain on kitchen towel. Sprinkle with some fleur de sel and serve. use the same method for the baby courgettes sliced lengthwise into fries.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/my-tempura-courgette-blossoms/