My summer lobster and cockles linguine
Yield 2 portions
- 80 gr dried linguine or 100 gr fresh linguine per person
- 1 lobster, cooked, cut in half
- 500 gr cockles
- 170 ml white wine ( decent white wine, just drink the rest with the pasta)
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- splash olive oil
- 1 bustle flat parsley, chopped
- Boil the pasta according to packet instructions in salted water. Drain and reserve 2 ladles of cooking liquid, about 100 ml.
- While boiling the pasta, add to the large pan olive oil and shallot, let it cool but not blacken.
- Add the cockles, toss them around a bit and flush with white wine and cooking liquid. Close the pan with the lid and simmer for 8 minutes while tossing the pan every few minutes. Remove the lid and disregard the unopened clams, they are funky and may make you sick.
- Add the cooked linguine and the parley, splash of olive oil and toss. Serve with the lobster halves and leftover wine.
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/my-summer-lobster-and-cockles-linguine-copy/