Sasa's Winter Minestrone Soup and Lola's wine selection
Yield 4 portions
- 300 gr pasta, small seashell shaped pasta like conchiglie
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 fresh kale, remove storks
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- hand full of fresh basil, chopped
- 50 gr Parmesan cheese , grated
- Cook the pasta as per packet instructions, splash some olive oil over them when drained to avoid sticking together and set aside.
- In a large pot heat some olive oil add the onion and sweat for a few minutes. Add the celery and carrots and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and kidney beans. Add the basil (reserve some), thyme and bay leave and the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil for a few minutes. Turn the heat down and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid, add the kale, let simmer for 2 more minutes. Add the pasta and remove from heat. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in bowls with grated Parmesan, fresh chopped basil.
recipe on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/my-healthy-and-hardy-minestrone-soup-and-lolas-wine-picks/