My gluten free figs galette with chestnut cream
Yield 6 slices
- 10 small ripe figs ( French), sliced
- 120 gr white rice flour (milled rice)
- 80 gr almond flour ( ground almonds)
- 20 gr or 2 table spoons sugar - extra sugar for sprinkling
- 130 gr butter, cool cut in cubes
- 40 ml ice water (ice blocks melting)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork ( egg wash)
- 100 ml cream, whipped with a dusting of sugar
- 2 tablespoon chestnut paste, unsweetened
- Add the flours, salt and sugar, mix well. Add the butter and either pulse in a x the mixture till almost fully combined into a ball. Add tea spoon of ice water if mixture is dry.
- Tip out the dough on a lightly floured baking sheet ( use some rice flour) and form a ball. Cover with wax coated fabric ( versus cling film) and refrigerate for minus an hour but overnight is even better.
- Roll out in a circle with lightly dusted rolling pin, a couple a millimetres tick.
- Layer the sliced figs into the middle and pack them tight as they will shrink in the oven. Keep a rim of about 3 cm free.
- Fold over the edges gently. Brush with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 180C for 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool and serve with chestnut cream. To make the cream: gently fold the chestnut paste into the whipped cream.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/my-gluten-free-figs-galette-with-chestnut-cream/