My canned cherries
- 500 gr cherries: washed pitted and stems removed
- 125 ml water
- 100 gr sugar
- spices by choice: cinnamon, orange peel, ginger, nutmeg
- 250 ml whiskey for the boozy version
- Place the pitted cherries in sterilized jars.
- Add to a saucepan water, sugar and spices and whisk until dissolved. Stir occasionally till mixture reaches a simmer. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Strain the mixture is needed depending on spices used. Add the whiskey and stir to combine. For the virgin version, got to step 4. Alternatively if you prefer softer cherries you can add the cherries to the mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool and pour over the cherries. Close the lids, turn them upside down and store.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/my-canned-cherries-sweet-or-boozy/