My chocolate mousse
Yield 6 portions
- 130 gr dark chocolate ( I used 2 PM tablets of 63 gr)
- 4 eggs, separating yokes and whites
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar (8gr)
- 100 ml cream
- 30 gr powdersugar ( confection sugar)
- pinch of salt
- chocolate shards to decorate
- Melt the chocolate over a Bain Marie. Let cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the egg yokes with the vanilla sugar till pale. Whip the cream. Beat the egg whites with the sugar till stiff peaks.
- Add to the egg yokes the chocolate, mix well with a spatula. Add the cream, mix well with a spatula. Add the egg whites and combine well but keeping the air in by folding it into the mixture versus beating it.
- Transfer into the recipients and refrigerate minimal 2 hours before serving. Top with a chocolate shard for crunch.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/belgian-classics-belgian-chocolate-mousse-5/