Yield 20 scones
110gr butter, unsalted, cut in small cubes
300ml heavy cream
1 vanilla bean
8gr or 2 teaspoons baking powder
2.5gr or 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven at 180C degrees. Add the vanilla bean seeds and pod to the cream.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and pinch of slat in a large bowl. Add the butter and rub in the flour mixture till totally integrated.
- Remove the vanilla pod from the cream and stir the cream mixture into the flour mixture with a wooden spoon until almost absorbed and the dough is coming together. Turn our the dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Combine the dough into a ball, roll out into 2 cm rectangle, fold the long side into thirds. Turn 90 degrees and roll out again to 2 cm rectangle.
- Cut out rounds with a biscuit cutter.Gather the rests, re-roll once, and cut out some more. I used a small 3 cm cutter and had about 20 scones.
- Place the scones on a parchment-lined baking tray. Brush tops with cream, sprinkle a little sugar on top and bake for about 20 minutes till golden brown. Rotate the baking tray halfway. Let cool to room temperature and serve with jam and/or cardamom cream.
recipe on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at https://leeksandhighheels.com/5-simple-steps-to-a-sublime-cup-of-tea-with-scones/