I love peas! When in season and are so fresh I love just eating them like candy, uncooked and soo sweet and crunchy. But all year around frozen peas are a staple in my freezer and when I didn’t make it to the store or market and the fridge is empty, than frozen peas can turn into a simple, lovely dinner in no time.
These fritters are easy to make; great as a snack or meal served cold or warm and packed with protein and fiber, they are vegan/vegetarian and gluten and nut fee too – soo they are good for you! Kids love these !
Vegan Green Pea Fritters and Dip
Yield 6 fritters
- 250 gr frozen peas
- 1 table spoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 120 gr chickpea flower
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- fresh chives and basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
for the dip :
- 50 ml soy yogurt
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- Boil the peas according to instructions on the packet and drain.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and saute the onion until soft.
- In food processor, blitz the peas and onion until a thick paste.
- Stir in the chickpea flower, bicarbonate soda and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wet your hands and shape with your hands the fritters, first into a ball and than press them down onto a baking sheet.
- Brush the fritters with some olive oil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated oven at 180C degrees. Flip them over half way.
- for the dip, add a bit of lemon zest and juice to the yogurt, season with salt and pepper and serve.
on www.LEEKSANDHIGHHEELS.COM by Sandra Slawinski