what’s not too love : puff pastry and fruits with cream – YES please!
Basically a galette is a French flat and round pastry. Use a little puff pastry, fill it with fruits and bake, it’s that easy.
I like to try different filling, I posted in fall 2015 mini galettes with plums. Now in full summer, I want to use my favourite fruit of all time : peaches! (thank you Pascale for the peaches!) I combined my love for champagne and rose water in this dessert as well.
I served the galette with fresh whipped cream with crushed raspberries, chopped pistachios and a spritz of rose water and petals.
I soaked the fruit in champagne for a few hours, the fruit got all fresh and bubbly and I drank the infused champers while cooking 🙂
Peaches and Raspberry Galette with whipped cream, raspberry, pistachio and rose water
- 1 puff pastry (shop bought)
- 1 peach, sliced
- 200 gr raspberries, washed
- 50 ml cream
- 10 gr sugar
- 250 ml champagne
- 20 gr pistachios, shelled
- spritz of rose water
- a few rose petals
- 1 egg, beat the egg to make egg wash
- Add the peaches and 1/2 of the raspberries infuse in the champagne for a few hours or overnight.
- Roll out the puff pastry in a circle about 30 cm diameter. Drain the fruit and pat dry with kitchen paper. Layer the fruit in the middle of the puffpastry, leave a border about 5 cm rond..
- Fold over the border of the puff pastry to secure the fruit. Egg wash the pastry. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for about 20 minutes. Cover with aluminum foil the 1st 10 minutes.
- Whip the cream with the sugar. Crush the remainder of the raspberries with a fork and gentle fold into the cream. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios.
- Remove the galette from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes. To serve spritz the rose water over the galette and add a few rose petals. Serve with the whip cream.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski