For this veggie dish, all you need is: sweet potatoes, a can of chickpeas, a little coconut milk, turmeric, sesame seeds and tahini.
As we are all “enjoying” confinement, I read that everyone is experiencing with cooking. If you need extra inspiration keep an eye on my IG stories, where I will share the PANTRY challenge of the week. Each week of confinement a friend will challenge me with 3 items from the pantry, freezer, fridge or just laying about.
Last week my friend Wendy in Washington DC challenged me with capers, quinoa and a can of tomatoes. I made cod and quinoa fritters with tomato salsa. You can get the recipe on my IG stories, saved under PANTRY COOKING.
Who will be next?
Now of this recipe today I did also cook with whatever I had in the house. Initially I had planned a totally different dish to share today but that required going to the store and market and well as you know we need to stay home.
- The chickpea, coconut milk and turmeric topping can turn into a great tasty soup if you add more coconut milk.
- Add some panfried salmon or chicken if you prefer.
- Don’t have coconut milk ( WHY??) replace it with regular cream or yoghurt.
- Follow packet instructions on how to cook dried chickpeas , I used a can and so it required minimal amount of cooking. (always ve a couple of cans at the ready)
- Check out my pantry make over and my tips for a well stocked pantry for a health lifestyle with 55 times to have at all times HERE
STEP 1: add coconut milk, chickpeas and turmeric to a sauce pan and reheat. Add some tahini paste, season with salt and pepper.
STEP 2: when sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven and add the chickpea topping. Sprinkle a few black and golden sesame seeds and serve.
My turmeric chickpea topped sweet potato
Yield 4 portions
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 100 ml coconut milk ( or 200 ml served as soup)
- 2 tea spoons ground turmeric powder
- 1 tea spoon tahini
- black and golden sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Scrub the sweet potatoes clean, half and lay on baking tray. Splash with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in a pre heated oven 180C for 45 minutes till baked through and bubbly.
- In a sauce pan add the coconut milk, chickpeas, tahini and turmeric, stir to combine and heat.
- Remove the baked sweet potato from the oven. Place them on a plate, and add the chickpea topping. Sprinkle with black and golden sesame seeds, a few more drips of tahini and serve.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
not paid to post – used my pink plate from Ikea, sauce pan from Williams Sonoma, black spoon from ZaraHome and jar from Carrefour.