My roasted rhubarb with hummus, feta and homemade tortilla chips
Yield 4 portions
for the tortilla chips:
- 200 gr flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 ml olive oil
- 100 ml water
for the rhubarb:
- 1 pack rhubarb
- 1 teapoon ground ginger
for the hummus and toppings:
- 240 gr (1 can) chickpeas, drained - keep some fluid
- 1 table spoon tahini
- olive oil
- 1 tea spoon ground caraway seeds
- 50 gr feta
- To make the tortillas: combine the dry ingredients and add the oil and water, mix well. You can use a whisk like I did or a stand alone mixer. Tip the dough out onto a floured surface and kneed till well combined. Let rest for 10 minutes and than cut into 8 or 10 equal parts. Roll out each part till flat and tin. Bake 2 minutes on each side in a non-stick pan. Cut in triangles, sprinkle with salt and bake a further 10-15 minutes in pre heated oven at 180 C.
- Reserve a hand full of chickpeas. To make the hummus: in a blender combine the rest of the chickpeas, some of the liquid, tahini, ground caraway seeds and olive oil and blend till smooth. Add more liquid or oil as per your taste and liking. Season with salt and pepper. Place the reserved well drained and patted dry chickpeas on a baking tray and sheet, season with salt and bake for 15 minutes in pre-heated oven at 180 C.
- For the Rhubarb: Dice them into chunks of 1 cm, cook in pan with olive oil and ground ginger till soft but not mushed.
- To serve: add the hummus, top with oven baked chickpeas, feta and rhubarb. Splash a bit of olive oil and add the chips.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at http://leeksandhighheels.com/my-roasted-rhubarb-with-hummus-feta-and-homemade-tortilla-chips/