Are you having people over for Easter brunch? I have a few breakfast recipes you can click on in the slider on the home page to get inspiration from. This brand new breakfast recipe is suited for an intimate breakfast for 2, a breakfast ring : bacon, eggs and cheese puff pastry ring . It only requires 5 ingredients and takes no time to make. It is a bit of a showstopper, something special for breakfast as it is Easter after all. Give it a try and let me know how it went.
STEP 1: Cook the eggs with spring onions.
STEP 2: Fry the bacon.
STEP 3: Cut out 8 triangles of the puff pastry.
STEP 4: Make a star with the puff pastry triangles overlapping in the middle.
STEP 5: Lay a slice of bacon in each triangle, top the middle with a layer of ceddar cheese, eggs and gruyere cheese.
STEP 6: Roll up the puff pastry and tuck it in. Egg wash the top for a golden colour.
My Breakfast ring for 2
Yield 2 portions
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 puff pastry - shop bought
- 20 gr cheddar, grated
- 20 gr Gruyere, grated
- 1 egg, beaten with a fork as egg wash
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and add 1/2 chopped spring onions. Cook the eggs in a skillet till scrambled but still slightly runny. Remove and reserve.
- Fry the bacon slices and reserve.
- Cut 8 triangles out of the puff pastry and lay them in a circle to form a star. Overlay each end about 0.5 cm.
- On each triangle lay a fried piece of bacon. Top the ends with a layer of cheddar cheese, eggs and Gruyere cheese.
- Fold the triangles over, tuck them in and brush them with the egg wash. Bake for 15 minutes in pre heated oven at 180C.
- Serve warm with rest of the the chopped spring onion.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski