Hello there, am still on my beach vacay in Oostduinkerke, enjoying some me-time !
I always cook, even when on holiday and I always seem to entertain too. A few friends stopped by and I made an easy-peasy-yummy lunch for us all. Regardless if it’s just me taking the bike and having lunch at the beach or 5 hungry (some hungover) friends stop by, this lunch works every time: a salad full of flavour and a that-hit-the-spot chicken sandwich will do the trick! Grilled peaches with ice-cream as dessert, always a hit.
Check out my recipes
Salad to go :
1 jam jar per person
vegetable sharpener to make spaghetti out of courgettes
per person you need:
1/2 courgette in courgettini (use the sharpener tool)
a few pomegranate seeds
a handful of mixed nuts chopped finely
1 tomato diced
handful of salad leaves (I used salade de ble)
olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Add to the courgettini some olive oil and season with salt and pepper, toss well and add to the jar.
- Add the tomatoes, salad leaves, nuts and pomegranate.
- Serve with a dressing of your choice or like I did; shake olive oil, lemon juice and salt in a jar .
I made the salads in the morning, put the lid on tight and reserved in the fridge until time to serve. I marked the 2 that were for friends with allergy and dislike of some of the ingredients, just be safe!
Coconut marinated chicken sandwich:
Need per sandwich:
1 chicken breast
200 ml coconut milk
5 cardamon pods, crushed
1 lime sliced
some spinach leaves
- Cut the chicken breast lengthwise in half, add to a deep dish with the coconut milk, cardamon and lime slices. Make sure chicken is covered by coconut milk and cover with cling-film. Reserve in fridge overnight.
- Heat the grill pan, cut the baguette in half lengthwise and brush with some olive oil. Grill the bread for a few minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill.
- Layer on the bread with raw spinach leaves, grilled chicken and serve with variety of sauces like a mustard yoghurt sauce.
Grilled peaches with rosemary:
Need per person:
1 ripe peaches, halved and cut in 3
1 rosemary twig
- Heat the grill pan and skewer some of the peach-cuts on to the rosemary. Grill the peaches for a minute on each side.
- Serve with vanilla ice-cream.
I grilled them in the morning, before my guests arrived and reheated them a few minutes in the microwave before serving.
Happy Summertime, my lovelies! xoxo