My cheese ravioli
Yield 60 ravioli
- 600 gr 00 flour + some for dusting
- 60 gr semolina
- 6 eggs
- splash olive oil
- 120 gr percorino, grated
- 120 gr mascarpone
- 60 gr Parmesan, grated
- 60 gr pine nuts, toasted in pan
- bustle lemon thyme
- 20 ml olive oil infused with lemon
- Mix in a bowl the flour and semolina, add the eggs one by one with a fork until combined. Tip it out on a floured surface and with floured hands kneed till dough is stretchy and combined. Pack it up in clingfilm and rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Mix the mascarpone, pecorino and Parmesan in a bowl, season with pepper and reserve in fridge.
- Install the pasta machine, take 1/4 of the rested dough, flatten it, flour it on both sides and start passing it through the pasta machine largest level ( my machine 7). Fold in half, flour it on both sides and pass it again. Lower the level (6) and pass the pasta, fold in half and pass it again. Lower the level (5) pass the pasta, Lower the level (4) and pass the pasta, lower the level (3) and pass the pasta, Lower the level (2) and pass the pasta. The pasta is now almost see through thin, be careful not to tear it.
- Add a teaspoon of the filling and leave 2 fingers of space between the ravioli. Brush some water over the pasta side and in between the ravioli. Fold shut and press tight around each filling, careful not to tear the pasta. Cut the ravioli. Repeat these steps till all the pasta dough is used.
- Place the ravioli on a baking tray lined w parchment and dusted with flour, cover with clingfilm and place in fridge until time to boil.
- Boil water with some salt, place 5 ravioli in the pan and boil for 5 to 8 minutes.
- In a non stick frying pan heat up olive oil, add the lemon thyme. Delicately remove the cooked ravioli with a flat strainer utensil and place in the frying pan. Add some of the cooking liquid, cook the ravioli for 2 minutes.
- Serve 3 to 4 pieces as a starter or 5 to 6 pieces as main course, add some pine nuts and olive oil with lemon and some lemon zest.
on www.leeksandhighheels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at http://leeksandhighheels.com/how-exactly-to-make-my-cheese-ravioli/