Chinese Beef Noodle Soup
Yield 4 bowls
- 150 gr Beef, sliced
- 70 gr Chinese noodles, cooked
- 2cm fresh ginger, diced
- a few baby spinach leaves
- 1 table spoon ground ginger
- 1 chilli pepper, diced
- 2 table spoons soy sauce
- 1 table spoon sesame oil
- 3 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 500ml beef stock
- Add the ground ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil to a bowl, mix and add the beef. Make sure the beef gets coated and marinate in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bring beef stock to the boil and add the diced fresh ginger, cinnamon, star anise and chilli pepper. Boil for 10 minutes.Taste if any additional seasoning is needed.
- Pat the beef dry with kitchen paper and add to stock; boil for a few minutes till beef is cooked.
- Layer the serving bowl: cooked noodles, beef stock, spinach leave and beef slices.
recipe on LeeksandHighHeels.com by Sandra Slawinski
Recipe by Leeks and High Heels at http://leeksandhighheels.com/happy-chinese-beef-noodle-soup/